Dvergar are not native of Tierra Verde. No, they hail from the scarred lands of Tierra Rojo far across the western sea. Once a populous and thriving race, their cities lie abandoned - haunted ruins filled with secrets and mysterious evils. The Dvergar are the remnants of their race, those left behind when the rest fled to parts unknown. Dvergar are sometimes incorrectly referred to as 'dwarves' by the uninformed.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Dvergar are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff.
- Medium: Dvergar are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady: Dvergar have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Darkvision: Dvergar can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hatred (Ex): Dvergar gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls against outsiders with the (evil) subtype.
- Hardy: Dvergar receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Stability: Dvergar receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
- Taint of the Scarred Lands: The taint of the scarred lands runs deep in the veins of the Dvergar. Spells and abilities that rely on alignment (such as Smite Evil) always treat them as if they were evil, regardless of their actual alignment. In addition, they can wield Unholy weapons and similar objects without penalty.
- Old World Knowledge (Ex): Dvergar recieve a +2 bonus on Knowledge (Engineering) and Disable Device checks, and they are always class skills for them. In addition, they may use Knowledge (Engineering) in place of Perception when attempting to notice a man-made trap, hidden door or other unusual feature.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dvergar are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Dvergar begin play speaking Ignan and Oronian.
Dvergar are a short and stocky race, and stand about a foot shorter than most humans, with wide, compact bodies that account for their burly appearance.Their eyes are dark and sunken, giving them a dour appearance. Beards are the norm, and are often worn with intricate braids and clasps. Typically, the only dvergar without beards are women and those with innate magical powers. Both males and females wear their hair long, often in braids or ponytails. Dvergar skin colour ranges from a dull brown to pale grey and hair colour is usually black or brown.